Friday, March 28, 2008

An Ode to Sheesha [Insert what you smoke here] by Anthony Lauderdale, 9:59pm Tuesday, Mar 25


One of my boys wrote this about one of my favorite activities and I just had to post it. Remember Common's "I Used to Love Her" ode to Hip Hop?



I remember the first time
Our lips touched
You tasted so sweet
You made my lips blush
Inhaled slow, no need to rush
After a couple rounds
I had a new crush
Friends arms outstretched
Eager to secure your allure
Procure your demure
De jure your inure
You’re so fashionable
They sought to procure your couture

Though my feelings were pure
I kept them obscure
My selfish ways
Is why our relationship matured
We were the envy of trendy
Haute couture
I’d smoke you for hours
And jut your lure

With you by my side
I was so sophisticated
Mixed business with pleasure
Soon became inebriated
Craved you after every meal
You kept me satiated
You knew how to calm me
So to you I gravitated
Your international allure
Couldn’t be abated
When we went out with friends
I became aggravated
As they patiently awaited
To touch your lips
To look at your hips
As you bubbled inside
With sips from their lips

I thought we had something special
And in you I could confide
When you kissed my friend
I nearly died
Though you were cheating on me
I’d let it slide
Either I was too addicted
Or had too much pride
Your intentions were pure
Didn’t conquer and divide
But when you were conquered by another
My high would subside
When you were divided amongst othersSheeeeesha!
I’d sigh inside
I’d even get jealous
And cry inside
Your imperial ways
Made me deny my slide
Into the world of euphoria
Filled with delusion and snide
Like the Hutus and Tutsis
I couldn’t put minor differences aside
And a Rwandan Genocide
Entrapped my mind

But I love you nonetheless
You helped me relieve stress
Relax after a test
As my lips were pressed
Up against your crest
I’d get epiphanies
Like the meaning of death
In my never-ending quest
To only smoke the best
With you I became obsessed
Our relationship was orgasmic
Inhaling was how we had sex

© 2008 ~ Transnationalist

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh...

naughti said...

you kind of stink at keeping up with this blog stuff....just thought i'd let you know :p

Talatu-Carmen said...

Hey... I finally looked up one of the posts on Jos ANA that I had mentioned to you last week that I thought might be relevant to your project, and now FB is timing out and I can't find your email address elsewhere. Could you send me a message with your email address so I can forward you some stuff? Thanks....
Talatu-Carmen